Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Hitting The Wall - Good Thing, Good Thing!



"Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:8-10.

So I read this article at LeadershipJournal.net and after my eyes were able to refocus from the blinding light that went off (as Handel's "Hallelujah Chorus" played at '11' in my head) I wrote this post.

We want it to be 'finished'. We want it to be 'done'. We want to 'arrive'. I'm speaking about sanctification. But if we were ever able to claim total victory wouldn't we also claim we had outgrown Christ? I have victory because Jesus provides to to me by His grace and because of His sacrifice. I am saved every day by what He did, not by what I do. Should I resist temptation, sin and the Devil? Yes!! Am I lost because I fail and fall? No!!

Obedient dependence. It's a good thing, and it comes from hitting the wall (my wall) and learning in humility that the only way for me to go forward is by His grace and mercy.

Shalom.

No comments: