Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Process



The though from the Word on my mind. 2 Timothy 2:15.

The frying pan/fire thing is just a joke really. I procrastinated. I waffled. I was distracted. But finally I finished my ordination paper, showed it to our association Credentials Committee and our church leaders, got feedback, made changes, met with the Committee, made it through the meeting (with more input and tweaks suggested) and I have been recommended to face an actual ordination council.

This part of the examination process was easier, even more helpful and encouraging than I had hoped for. I made the process harder on myself than I had to it seems. But I was, and still am, taking it very seriously. And I discovered that I am the frying pan. I'm being seasoned to remain in the fire and not burn everything that I touch. That's the process happening here.

God is graciously making me a little bit more useful in His Kingdom.

2 comments:

Rick Shott said...

Come now, Brian. You write like you thought you were going to be a piece of bacon. What good is ordination if we leave a shrivelled up man with the flavourful bits in the pan. (I do like bacon.)

Lee_D said...

That's fantastic news, Brian. Congratulations!